Scribbles on my mind
from the words left unsaid
like a tatty notebook
I'm never read.
You're not here to speak them to
so they've collected overtime
and I left the door open for you
but my offer you kindly declined.
Our friendship I may have misused
as a respite from the storms
now the fact I came to you
means nothing at all.
Loyalty was just a word
before I met you
but now the memories of trust
I'm piecing back with glue.
You vanished like Houdini
and I never knew "the prestige"
all I know is when I was falling
you were there to catch me.
Time went by and I've had to learn
to delete you from my mind
although now I catch myself
I wish I could turn back time.
I know this is what you wanted
but I was never sure why
but to cut you from my minds hard drive
has been something I will have to learn in time.
How much could you need me
when you planted yourself in no-mans land?
I tried to bring "life" to you
but I couldn't carry the world through all the sand.
I did everything in my power
to not let passed time devour
what kinship I thought was rare
but passed time showed me no care.
You've exited and our life I'm left with
you let the water run dry
you say you tried, but actions speak louder than words
above all it's your cowardliness I despise.
You've changed faces
ever since your "secret" came to light
but I never banished you
you took off like a thief in the night.
So here my finger dials the phone
as I backtrack to our history
but there's no answer, they'll never be
because you wish you were dead to me.
Scribbles on my mind from the words left unsaid---
Remembering you're not around
18.05.11 1:56am

This is a beautiful piece, captures compassion and sincerity.loved it.X
ReplyDelete