Friday, 30 December 2011

Frenenemy

I don't know why I quote your name with prestige like you deserve it
Rather I should refer to you as a single letter, no breath wasted on
something so adamant on tearing me down.

You were always my foe but I had to befriend you to tame you
now you're wanting to backstab me again but I don't blame you
Outside influences encouraged you, gave you a reason to plot against me
I got no more fight left in me, if you want to conquer me you could so easily.

My behaviour is normal I guess sometimes, every action is crucial I'm falling behind.
I know it's what you want I get ahead then you whisper from behind
enough to discourage me your negativity leaves me blind.

I would love to kill you. But part of me will die inside.
You're immortal there's no cure yet I have to re train my mind.
I re-acquired what was mine but you are so ready to steal it again like a thief in the night.

I guess it didn't happen suddenly, you crept up over time.
But now I have to let you in
run your fingers through my hair
speak those words I hate to hear
welcome you in to gain an upper hand
Just to banish you away

I knew this day would come and in time it will be my past
But today it feels as though
this feeling will forever last.

Continuation of "I name you" see previous blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...