Thursday, 2 June 2011

Lies


Writing those thoughts down- does it scare u to address them?
Words form pictures on paper and your eyes see them in motion, ruining the life you've built.
The current subconscious world they live in is better,
you store them away to later be dealt with
hoping that one day, puff...it will all go away.

It's a muddy blueprint, you don't want to risk it
Not good enough to walk the line for
Not sure enough to decide or real enough to survive raw
and all the tests you would have in store for them
lead them in then make them leave again
one must see past the auto machined voice
speak with your eyes and follow by choice

but you choose safer than safe and rounder than coarse.
Slightly broken but bearable rather than free spirited and tolerable

They all do it, you can see their brain ticking like clock work
constructing their next sentence they just pulled out of a hat
but no rabbits coming out, just more dull etiquette
but I asked to hear your story? The openings across your heart?
I know if you do it's going to start moving those well mapped out roads
to out of town and unfamiliar crossroads.
But if you step closer then maybe I'll lean over
Maybe the truth will gleam bolder
and we'll think it out louder then the cold shoulder you would have given me once I pulled my sentence out of my hat.
Or the lies you would have told me and later taken back
to protect your game
its vision.

But I'm not interested, another hand in my pocket.
Watching the fireworks as I breathe in the smoke
feeling my heartbeat and stomach churn
but living by my hard work and lessons learned

borrowing the passion, the craze the party
living it out for pleasure and self preservation


2 comments:

  1. wow you're a great writer and this is a really cool post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alyssa, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...