Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Like Io the moon.


As the moment passes
I feel like I should of spoken something
better....loving... and accurate.
Instead of letting the smog of emotions
mixed with betrayal take over my pulsating veins
that were once filled with tingling passion.

My truths are scorning, piercing your skin
like a hot, sharp, metal pitchfork
they take no prisoners.
My heartache is numb and deafening at the same time,
screaming for me to seek justice
for the abuse of my love.
You drunk the well dry
without being smart enough to preserve me.
Inevitably you allowed me to feel used.

I shut my mouth for a moment-
I look around as my eyes float to distractions
but fail and fixate on one spot.
I want to explode
but you're whimpering, sweating and stiff.
Cold.
I want to speak but your continual silence
picks at me like a vulture would
probing me to fight back.
My face wet and older.
My tone dead and colder.

The crescendo builds-still no answers
fight or flight???...
I reach for my coat.

My loves lasting impressionist shreaks
as I feel the half assured grip on my wrists
exposing its true desire
finally after hours.
The impact on me is miniscule but noted
I want to find words to match yours
but I wasted them long ago on your deaf ears.

The fight in you is shrinking with
every let down you acknowledge.
Your eyes wanting so much I no longer possess.
Your inner sadness and broken soul
shoots me more than once...slowly...torturously.
I need to relieve you but I can't find the words
I've torn you down with my acid rain.
My old self would know what to do now,
but I'm stumbling alone in the dark
wanting to be perfect
to make you smile, at a cost I can't afford
I'm in the red- you're taxing.

Drop my head in my hands
lay my head on the pillow
Nothing left to extract
as you paint my sky yellow- with an aged and tired hand.

My eyes carry the message,
the new day carries the ashes
our hearts take the beating.
With nothing to say you hold my hand.

The sunrise saved us.
A new day embraces us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...