Saturday, 16 July 2011

The way I see it


Things weighing heavy on my mind.
I miss the innocence, like a child protected.
Now ignorance blinds this world
so many left neglected.

I was never them
my heart beat harder, felt deeper, bled richer.
I could never pretend, my hands reach further
wants to feel more than I can handle
I don't shy away from gory, imperfect or broken.
"We're all human" I told you as you bared all with caution
I listened.

Things weighing heavy on my mind
as I watch homes break, fathers flake
and women birth children for no reason but for monetary value.
Living off them as if they could support you.
Seeing them scraggly with old clothes and torn shoes.
When's the last time they felt loved?
A mothers love, where are you?

Things weighing heavy on my mind.
I distaste the corners of this life.
A social media life takes over real life relationships.
When's the last time you used your phone to make a phone call?
to hear, to talk, to interact like we did before?
We go on holiday to get away from technology, big brother.
Time to breathe, to enjoy life but life never left you.
We get distracted by what's trending or our friends list
but how much of that really matters at the end of this?

Things weighing heavy on my mind.
We don't know our neighbours and hello good day gets you cut eye.
A smile or eye contact automatically means you have to chase me
so hungry for another woman you've convinced yourself you're what I need.
Won't leave me alone until I rub your ego.
If I don't, sweet talk turns ugly and true colours show.

Things weighing heavy on my mind
I've seen too much.
Give me a "I don't want to see this" button
to avoid my distrust and doubts escalating even more than they have to.
I'm finding ways to put back what this journey takes
and I'm trying to dilute the negative vibes that try to make me break.

Watching others flinch at things
that I just want to understand
to know why that's their story
what's God's bigger plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...