Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Throw caution to the wind


Why do we silence our hearts
with cautionary advice?
And relegate to a life of lonely
because we're too caught up
protecting our souls
from those who could never handle it

The 'feeling' beats in your chest
so strong it hurts
as you breathe in and exhale it clings on
so you can't press on

so used to leading with your mind
you've told yourself you're wrong this time
yet you can't distinguish between
the real deal or impulsive this time.

Just contemplate for a second
what if you're wrong?
what if this is the life
you were meant to live all along?

That moment of allowing yourself
to ponder its possibilities slaps you
the caution scares you
not because its doomed to fail
but because it could be...
Quite possibly near damn perfect.

Do you feel you deserve it?

You're not ready to embrace it,
or make it your own
Although you daydream often
about calling it your hearts home.

But you've done this before -
loosened your grip, closed your eyes and fall
you've swam in the deep end alone
no closer to the shore

you've gone against the current
despite all the advice
left you with bruises
and a mountain of lies

You're doing it again caution,
but I don't blame you
You've got to be smarter this time
So your hearts desires can't be a factor, reason or rhyme
There's too much at stake

But if for a moment I could throw caution to the wind
I'd be dancing to the lively rhythm of high life
and the booming djembe
fused with the sharp sound of the clave
percussive glory in my soul
I'd dance.

Elated to be one, on the same team
ignited to the core
how you always dreamed
my soul recognised for all its being
trust respect and honesty
alive in every decision.

My hearts crushing.
I hate where I'm at
bombarded by excuses and doubt
knowing its probably all in my head

and it's too late
I've started to take it all to heart
yet I'm so restricted
I can never step into that dark

For fear of losing my mine



Image: © http://bit.ly/QP5BWv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...