Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Beats, Rhymes and Life

The year was hip hop. The bass was everywhere but somewhere in between two souls collided causing paths to change and the EQ to smile...Finally music to the otherwise silent role plays, now there was life, an energy a connection.

And Jazz never was the same. Now it echoes loudly through the empty corridors I left you in. But it too was the soundtrack to you cooking chaotically that warmed our souls on a winters day, when blankets weren't enough to keep me warm your hands were needed for so many reasons. Now I only choose the kind of jazz that doesn't conjure up scenes from that nightmare.

There's purity and then corruption, you left the door open to our paradise. Slowly it would seep in on a day I wasn't expecting it to. I had to jump from cloud nine with no parachute. On the island I searched for you everywhere as I tried to survive. I sent out messages in bottles and flares to the skies but none brought you closer to me. In pain and silence I immersed myself in mother nature and succumbed to its beauty, acknowledging my surroundings. I leaned on them to replenish and renew the life that the death inside me sucked out. The bullet came from you. But I died fighting, like a United Soldier.

And a new me emerged... But the memories had stained my mind and I could still feel every single thing.

I took it to the guitar, to the piano, to the empty pages to anything that would feel me. I couldn't take it anywhere else they wouldn't believe me. What I felt and experienced the only human witness was you. I had to find resolve through the music that I wrote because no answers came from hip hop. Nothing at all. It too had died.

So I keep going back to mother nature and breathing in the beauty of life because it's the only way my heart can keep beating. And I must never remember my time on the island or the year of hip hop - but there will always be a part of me that will keep waiting just like on that secluded island for him to come back for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...