Friday, 14 January 2011

New beginnings

Rain pours down,flooding the ground I walk on
Inspiring me for a moment. It hears my pain

I silently sing to the rhythm of the pattern the subtle movement of the leaves
I'm in-tune with it's tone, it hears my needs.

The rain seems everlasting, the soothing sound lets me know it's alright
It's okay to feel disaster. There is beauty in it's downpour
It slows just to start again. Now it's steady to my monotone of a heartbeat
I feel relief.

So I'll just watch it come down as all those bad memories leave me
I can't see the sky it's covered by the cloud
No colours yet except the fading gold on the leaves, will time show me true colour?

I choose to believe.
© SimplySaarah, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Saarah what can I say except that you are an exceptionally gifted writer/songwriter. Each line paints a movie in my mind of you walking in the rain, frame by frame. I can easily see this performed at a talent show. I hope you always 'choose to believe' in your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...