Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Underneath it all



Underneath it all, what am I to you?
Underneath my words what do I say?
Behind truths that I swear by... am I lying?
Because words are just things that you say

Underneath your smiles are you really crying?
Is your soul still alive, are you just pretending?
What do you feel, if anything, when you’re thinking?
What do I live by everyday?

I hear what you’re talking but I’m reading through your eyes.
They say much more then anything you could speak
So, don’t speak, just look me in the eyes
As I cannot trust words, they lie, you lie, I lie.

Behind closed doors what’s really happening?
In secluded corners of shadowed minds
Silent cries and hopeful laughter’s
Cover the darkness felt inside

I am what I am, but what are you?

What you speak is not what you know,
I want to see what’s real
Let your heart speak and your mouth control
Don’t hide behind clichés and conform to me, for we are not what we know

I am what I am, but who are you?

Underneath it all

© SimplySaarah, 27.10.05: 12.18 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...