Saturday, 23 April 2011

To dream a dream


Starlight on my ceiling, thank you for deciding to show. Your soft glowing edges and shadows light me up from head to toe.

My head on my pillow, as you decorate my fake sky. I lit a single candle never knowing you would appear here tonight.

I lay back as your pure beauty pulls the strings of my smiles. The sequins from my bedsheet glisten like the sea would at night - under your heavens.

So simple and so pure you close the book to my day with a happy ending. Lullabying me to sleep softly,free from the thoughts that once dictated me.

I appreciate your gesture and I hear you
'yeah I know, you're right...'
I'll hold my tongue and won't surrender
I got much more to fight

I got much more to give, this battle I haven't lost. Your reassurance that I have another chance to fight leaves me ready to dream tonight

My dreams all seem before me as you appeared on my fake sky. One single flame illuminates your shapes as I drift off here tonight...

© SimplySaarah 23.04.11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...