Friday, 15 April 2011

I name you.

You steal my shine, that glow, my stride
Fill my head with your cheap talk
Discouraging me, when you talk down to me

You didn't help me, you watched as opportunities passed me by
You lie, but I can't see it
Your comforting to me if I indulge in it

"Your just not strong enough"
"Your intelligence may not be enough"
"Your beauty has its limit"
"If you do this, it's your time you'll waste"

Facts turn to excuses, excuses turn to lies
That's what happens when I challenge you
To not let you take over my mind

You got no face but I name you,
Your stuck to me, I can't shake you
Your voice is the only one I want to silence
But I am the one you remain true to.

Where's your other half? I need to find you
Humour me for a minute, so I can be me again
The me I recognise
This me is just lies

How you get in, I will never know
I gassed you out of me many times before
But still you rear your ugly head

A year and a half and no interruptions
I mastered the art of keeping us apart
I guess I didn't pass, because we're back to the start....
To be continued


See "Frenemy" for a continuation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...