"We learn by trial and error, and the errors are made by us and others."
Wanting to heal the hurt but not knowing how.
Instead you do nothing. Instead you exit.
Your mind solves the problem in a dozen ways.
Your mouth never started to erase the pain
Your heart beat for both of you but the other felt it was selfish.
We settle the scores with raised voices only meaning to show love.
No control over the boiled blood. Passion got the best of us.
That time you reached your hand out
There was a jagged edge
You didn't mean for it to be there.
So why does it edge its way into the space
Between me and you. I'm trying to reach back too
but I'm getting no where nearer to you.
Feels like I've been risking it all to keep my love true.
True to you.
True to you.
When did it become a risk. When did it become this.
Two strangers sitting at a table lost in the thick of it
Like I blinked my eyes and a half a year past me by.
Imprinted with countless tears, alcohol and insomniac-tic nights.
His eyes when they are looking back in mine.
I could look at them till the end of time -
If they were truthful
If they were truthful
I'd happily get lost with him because it could feel right.

Image: © http://wellnessundefined.com/2012/09/19/trial-and-error/

No comments:
Post a Comment