Monday, 28 January 2013

Need to feel summer


I live for the days I can walk out my house
in jeans shorts and wet hair 
the sun on my face drying my waves
and I'm sitting in a landscape of vibrancy. 

The smells of summer and the sounds of life
sit at the top of my stave stuck in treble
twinkling to my heartbeat
looking like glitter encrusted synergy. 

Depending on the day
I could have an ice cream in one hand or headphones on. 
But guaranteed I'm flying. Maybe with stunners on.
Appreciating the sweat behind my neck 
and the traffics nothing
Because as I sit patiently I wonder what great places
they are all trying to get to, somewhere magical. 
Family fun. 

"Hey beautiful lady" I smile back
fluttering through the noisy crowds
floating above animosity 
smelling my fresh scent and body butter
I lathered on before leaving.

I'm dreaming. 
Seeing dotted white clouds above me
The suns rays breaking through the trees casting shadows
where we respite from the heat
there we lay, technology obsolete 
as my surroundings make way
for the soft comforting breeze

that now begins to lift my hair off of my neck
whirling it around as I giggle a little loud
I inhale freely exhale quietly then kick back
rummaging through my goodie bag;
sweets and lollies, cartons of juice covered in beads of condensation
sometimes we even have boxes of fried chicken
devouring the contents laughing as time pasts
creating juicy memories that fill up our hearts...



I dont want to leave. I don't want to leave. 
The skies begin to turn colours
like an oil painting showed us
pinks, purples, blues and oranges
the suns burning away
we stay

because there's still something lingering
a kind of excitement 
the night is young, the stars are out
wanting you to dance along. 
A perfect day in the sun. 
And my heart does not sink. 
Because it is summer. 

We can re live this in tomorrows arms. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...