Friday, 11 February 2011

Today is the day



Today is the day I no longer wait in the shadows
I no longer speak with my eyes closed

I no longer

Today is the day my fears dissipate 
and blocked pathways are open for me to wander cockily
to dance to no rhythm that they feed me

because I own these streets

Today is the day that my seeds of sorrow stop growing
and my secrets are released, free to ride the rivers current

they dilute 
they are muted eternally 

I am free


Today is the day freedom is not a conceptualization

its common, a throwaway token, overused and underappreciated
its given freely
I no longer need to ask or wait because I take and make fantasy my reality
I breathe easy
I replaced those things that were stopping me with an applause
and silent are the voices that told me I need to be better

Today is my day, the suns rays burn me
wake me, shake me, have forced me into change

its my moment, my element
yesterday is just a desolate shell that I lived in
is just a framed picture that I never understood
just a box of memories that were no longer worth collecting
but today is my day
My hero
My saving grace


© SimplySaarah, 11.02.11


Outakes: The verse that didn't make the cut:

Today is the day my gateway meets yours and I let you see inside my soul
you won't run and you won't hide
your arms will be the feeling I feel when I stand in a spot of sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...