I’m here again and I’m not sure how
Because I was positive I made the right choices
But now I see multiple facets and your words have so many voices
I was focused on me and thought I could handle it
All the time forgetting your handicap
So now truth spills over like an over boiled pot
Scorning my hands as I try to touch it
The faces have turned and you're him again
I always knew it would come
So who do I blame for the all this mess?
Myself, his other half or none?
I turned soft like putty for a while and it felt heavenly to relax
My frozen heart turned red again
But how quickly it now turned black
I touched wood over and over
Trying not to jinx our love
But tarnished wood easily catches fire
Should of built my house instead with damp shrub
I sat inside ignoring the patched up holes
Because I thought they had mended themselves
But the scorn of the hot water reminded me
That there’s no worth in trophies on shelves
Your eyes deeper than any other zodiac
Your heart beating words weighed more than the rest
I swallowed the words they did so much for me
And decided to love you at your best
I survived well at room temperature
It was new and old at the same time
My little ice box I had forgotten about
Because my heart was beating double time
Your split persona baffled me
As I ran in ruffled and scarred
And saw a look in your eye that was unaware
Of the pain you had caused me inside
And as I looked back into the dark hole
I felt myself starting to get cold
My blood freezing slowly
Until I had turned to stone
I know soon enough I’ll wander, if I should trust the sun again
And let its warm rays come over me
Melting me free to love again

No comments:
Post a Comment