Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Not a Product of my Environment- Freedom is mine


Don't mistake me for something else, something inferior.
Because I can be all that your mind forbids you to believe.
Yeah your surroundings do echo failure and poverty,
but I see something greater in you,
and you and me can rise above this sea of negativity,
and be the mind over matter when it comes to adversity.
Those seeds have been scattered
but don't mean you can't reap something beautiful.

Step out of the darkness and into your own light.
Let yourself shine bright and do right,
don't lose sight of what you are chasing,
it's a dream that's worth the race
and if they can't have faith in you,
then their just wasting your time.

It's easy to slip, easy to fall
in a world that's rationale is not rational at all.
Although they make you believe,
that what they're doing is the key to survival,
you wanna live, live a life that's worth living.
So go back to the beginning
and teach yourself how to be strong,
so that you can have a chance
at living a life where you belong.

They tell me I'm just like them
but my heart doesn't agree,
because to be classed as someone selfish
well that, that just isn't me.
I want to make a change for all the right reasons,
and see my imprint on this world,
so that when people hear my name
they smile because I took that leap
to make this a better world.


13.01.09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...